Welcome to the Original Hidden Handedness Blog

This forum provides a connecting point to discuss Submergees and Emergees, to recognize and better understand these two hidden forms of handedness that represent a significant, but essentially unacknowledged group of people. The need to begin the discussion is long overdue, both for those who are Submergees and Emergees, as well as for those who are interested in learning about and understanding these two new categories of handedness. This is an opportunity to share resources, experiences, observations and research, so please enjoy!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Update post

Ricarda has left a new comment on your post "Anonymous has left a new comment on your post ""...":

Hello Samuel and all others,

I also know a righty who switched to the left (and many from L to R). She now emergees, because I shared my story of emerging. And I always try to convince others to emergee or at least try to make them realise the difficulites of being a submergee or being a submergee at all. Im my view the greatest problem is that people don't even think, they could be submergees because they started writing with the wrong hand all by theirselfs.

So did I. It took me years of being ambidextrous to finally realise I'm actually left handed. The same day that came to my mind I started emerging, without knowing anything about it. I then read the german books from Sattler and many, many internet-sites plus your book.

I'm glad that more and more people are getting aware of the problem and I'm always trying to spread the 'news' (-:

Greetings



Posted by Ricarda to Hidden Handedness at December 16, 2009 10:53 AM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am a lefthander who was forcced by the nun's in first grade to write right handed, somehow my drawing also followed that. Eight months ago at 59 yrs old i started retraining myself to draw and write left handed.
i find i can sketch better in perspective left handed, i think i am becoming more creative and i can pursue creative ideas in drawings better, i am less critical about my drawings